Facebook as a marketing tool has evolved dramatically the last 12 – 18 months and this process continues unabated.
What we are talking about here is paid Facebook ads that run on a pay per click model targeting your existing or potential customers.
Regardless of the business you are in there is a good chance your existing customers and potential customers hang out on Facebook. It is the most popular web site on the planet. People visit it more often and linger longer on it than any other web site out there.
Facebook advertising is not about getting lots of likes , we are talking about getting new leads, customer and sales for your business.
Ignore what it has to offer and you may loose out big time. As a business owner or someone tasked with growing a business you need to keep up to speed with the marketing options this platform offers.
Of course all businesses are not the same and some are more suited to Facebook than others. Regardless of what type of business you run there is not most likely a place for Facebook in your business. For some this will not be a major role compared to other platforms such as Google Pay Per Click Ads or email marketing but for some the new features Facebook now offer will be an absolute Game Changer for them.
Some of the marketing options available allow you to run Facebook ads targeting
- Your existing customers using their email or telephone details you already have. Check out the video post I did on email custom audiences for more information on how to set this up.
- People who have liked the Facebook pages of your competitors.
- People who have already visited your web site. You can run ads that are specific to which parts of the web site they visited.
- People with specific interests , of a particular age , gender , martial status etc. The list is endless.
- People who have liked your page. Organic status updates or posts only reach on average 17% of the people who have liked your page. When you need to be absolutely sure the maximum amount of these people get to see your important marketing message then paid ads are the only way to go.
You can reach your target audience on any device they use , mobile, tablet or desktop and the ad will be optimised for that device.
Once any Facebook advertising campaign is running there are many reports available to assist you check the performance of your campaign and optimise accordingly.
As I said at the start of this article Facebook is changing and getting better and better all the time. Move like the purchase of Whats App show Facebook has big plans and will be around for many years to come.
Talk to our expert Facebook ads manager to day and see what Facebook as a marketing tool can do for your business,.